Makeup Storage Ideas, Tips & Tricks!

I love makeup and everything that comes with it. A makeup store is my sanctuary; my happy place. The colors; the faint fragrance of it as I walk into a makeup store gets my pulse racing! Needless to say that being a fashion and beauty blogger, will entail reviewing beauty products from time - to - time as well which means...that's right! More makeup!  

I don't think I have even close to what an average professional makeup artist has or close to how much the average beauty vlogger on Youtube has, (I'm in denial) but I do have enough to keep losing some of my stuff; or being unable to find something right when I need it; or to end up buying another piece of the same product because I forget I have one already or that its buried so deep in with the rest of my makeup that it'll take a whole day to dig it out. This leads me to just grab what I can find and go, which is usually a kohl pencil and a lipstick or lip - balm. 

Three days ago, I decided that I had had enough when it took me ten minutes to find my concealer. So i decided to organize everything. everything! However, I needed something easy, quick and dirt cheap. I love all the lovely vanity cases for makeup but they are so unreasonably expensive. Plus, that would mean waiting a couple of days more till I could find the time to go get one. So I decided to get creative and think of all the possible makeup storage ideas that would be time efficient and cost efficient.  
This was the result: (Less than 700/-)

                             

I now take only a few seconds to find my things! Yay! Also, I'm sure even if you don't have a lot of makeup, you've got to admit, organizing what you have, will definitely save you more time! (more time to sleep in the mornings! Yay!!) 

So I thought I'd share a few makeup storage ideas, tips and tricks, with you too! 

1) In accordance to how much makeup you have, get a box/ tray/ container that you can put your makeup in. This will confine all your makeup to one place which means, just in case things get out of hand and you "fall off the wagon" with organization, you won't have to look for something in the whole house. There'll be only one place you need look for it!

- We went with two big, transparent boxes (300/-):


2) Now get all your organization done in this box: 

Things you could use

A) Tea cups to hold your brushes.


B) Old watch boxes to hold your eye-shadow quads and duos. You could spray paint these but we liked ours this way.


C) Ferrero Rocher chocolate boxes! don't throw them away, they look pretty chic to store makeup;


AND you could use the lids as trays. The possibilities are endless! 

                            

D) Use delivery boxes or gift boxes to sort out face and hair products. 


E) the cover of a pair of sunglasses or even a shoe box it great to hold your lipsticks in!


F) Make a stand from glass plates and vases to store your nail paints!

                           

G) Use a shoe box to make an organizer to put all the product that don't fit in the main box. 



H) Having trouble keeping your perfumes organized? Put them all on a mirror tray for a pretty storage space! 



Hope these tips help you too!

xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts